Do you have a question that you think may be frequently asked by other residents? If so, send your question in an email to the firstname.lastname@example.org and we will post it with an answer on the FAQ page.
- How do I go about renting an RV space?
- I purchased an additional Fob but it doesn’t open my garage door.
- My wife & I have separate email addresses. Can we both receive Community Notice emails?
- Can our Halcyon club or social group send an email to the residents?
- What if I don’t want my information on the website’s Resident Directory page.
- Can I use a cell phone number in the front gate intercom system?
- Can my vehicle’s HomeLink function open the front gate?
- Who is responsible for fixing my broken mailbox lock?
- Can my gate Fob be programmed to operate the garage door opener?
- What do I do if I lost or missplaced a gate Fob?
- How can I get an additional front gate Fob?
How do I go about renting an RV space?
Email the Board of Directors at email@example.com for rental information and space availability.Back to Index
I purchased an additional Fob but it doesn’t open my garage door.
The Fobs are only pre-programmed to open the front gate. If your existing Fob(s) also opens your garage door then you must have the accessory Linear MDR/U DNR00100 1-Channel Plug-in Receiver connected to your garage door opener and plugged into the electrical outlet in the ceiling above the garage door opener.
To program your new Fob if you have the Linear receiver:
- Press and release the learn button on the side of the small grey Linear box.
- The learn indicator will light up.
- Within 15 seconds while the indicator light is still lit, hold the FOB that you want to program up to the box.
- Press and hold the smaller grey button on the FOB (or one of the other two small buttons) until the light start to flash.
- The FOB should now be programmed
My wife & I have separate email addresses. Can we both receive Community Notice emails?
Yes, send an email to the webmaster and include the email addresses that you would like added to the Halcyon residents email distribution list.Back to Index
Can our Halcyon club or social group send an email to the residents?
Send an email to the website and include the exact text of your message and it will be added to the next Sunday “Upcoming Events for all Residents” email.Back to Index
What if I don’t want my information on the website’s Resident Directory page.
Contact the webmaster and your contact information will be removed.Back to Index
Can I use a cell phone number in the front gate intercom system?
Yes, but it must be a local phone number that does not require a 1 in front of area code.Back to Index
Can my vehicle’s HomeLink function open the front gate?
Yes, just follow your vehicle’s programming instructions. It can also be used to operate your garage door. Many residents use their vehicle HomeLink rather than the Fob and garage door remote.Back to Index
Who is responsible for fixing my broken mailbox lock?
Each resident is responsible for their mailbox compartment lock. Canada Post is only responsible for maintaining the locks to the master panels.Back to Index
Can my gate Fob be programmed to operate the garage door opener?
Yes and No. The Linear gate Fobs can be programmed to work with the older version of the LiftMaster garage door openers by installing a Linear MDR/U DNR00100 1-Channel Plug-in Receiver. Apparently when wired to a new Lift Master garage door opener with myQ connectivity it won’t activate the garage door, but there has been no investigation to see if it can be made to work. If in need of purchasing a new garage door opener, and you want the gate Fob to operate the garage door you may want to consider purchasing a Linear garage door a opener.Back to Index
What do I do if I lost or missplaced a gate Fob?
Contact the Board of Directors ASAP. Provide the Board with our name and unit number. If you have more than one Fob, include the ID number or numbers of your remaining Fob(s) when contacting the Board. For the security of the complex the lost or missing Fob will be deactivated. If the Fob is found, notify the Board and it will be reactivated.Back to Index